Can you help shape Wales health future?
The mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience and the senses
The relationship between cognition and health – questionnaire and online tasks now live!
Is there a relationship between symptoms of anxiety and depression, and cognition?
Can cognition be affected by health behaviours such as fruit and veg consumption, smoking or exercise?
These are important questions because we know that problems with memory and concentration can impact on a person’s day-to-day life.
A team of Researchers at Cardiff University are examining the relationship between mental health, general wellbeing and cognition through the Cardiff Online Cognitive Assessment - CONCA.
A NEW web-based assessment of memory, concentration and problem-solving skills (known collectively as cognition), that HealthWise Wales participants can complete in less than 15 minutes.
This research will help to describe the types of cognitive problems people may experience, along with their causes and effects.
What is HealthWise Wales?
HealthWise Wales is your unique opportunity to be part of shaping the health and wellbeing of future generations in Wales, and help the NHS in Wales to plan for the future. For more information, watch this short film or read more here.Register now to join in
What does it involve?
- Register online or by phone to say that you are willing to take part in research. This takes no more than 10 minutes.
- Complete short questionnaires every 6 months, so that we get an ongoing picture of your lifestyle and health.
- We'll let you know when there are new studies to join; you choose whether to take part or not.
Research is vital to develop better treatments and manage diseases
- Wales faces many health challenges.
- People are living longer, but one in three adults say that their daily activities are limited by a health problem and one in two people over 65 are being treated for two or more health conditions.
- There are many studies taking place to address these issues, but researchers find it difficult to recruit enough people.
Help spread the word
Help us by following us on social media and sharing with your friends or encouraging them to join up too!
Actor Gareth David-Lloyd is backing the HealthWise Wales Campaign
We're happy to introduce beloved star of Torchwood, Gareth David-Lloyd aka Ianto Jones. Hear what he has to say...16/01/2020
Jamie Baulch is a HealthWise Wales Ambassador
We are thrilled Welsh Olympic sporting legend Jamie Baulch has signed up as an ambassador. Hear what he has to say...16/01/2020
Award-winning comedian Rod Woodward has joined us as a HealthWise Wales Ambassador
Rod Woodward is an award-winning comedian who has performed twice at the Royal Variety Show. Hear what he has to say...16/01/2020
Jayne Ludlow MBE has signed up to be a HealthWise Wales Ambassador
We asked Jayne Ludlow, Teams Manager of Wales Women's National Football, why she wanted to join the HealthWise Wales study. Here's what she said...16/01/2020