Thank you for taking the time to consider registering with HealthWise Wales.
The pages within this "FAQ" section contain detailed information on all aspects of the project. You do not need to know all of this information before you register, but we hope that you will find an answer to any questions that you have here.
On this page, we answer some more detailed questions about your contribution.
Click on the question to show the answer.
What are the benefits of taking part?
We will study what happens to you over the next few years, so that we can understand how to find better treatments, make health and social services better, and increase health and wellbeing for the people of Wales. You may benefit from this knowledge, and we hope that future generations will also benefit.
What are the disadvantages or risks of taking part?
Taking part will not cause you any harm. You may be slightly uncomfortable with some of the questions asked, but you will not have to answer those if you don't want to.
Taking part involves a small risk because you are giving us personal information. We will make sure all your information is kept safe.
What happens if something goes wrong?
Although the risks are very small, if you have any concerns about anything to do with this study, please phone us on 0800 9 172 172 (free from most landlines) or 02920 768 090. Our office hours are 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
What will happen if I decide that I don't want to take part anymore?
You can withdraw at any time. However, HealthWise Wales will be of most benefit to the people of Wales if everyone who joins the study continues to be part of it. It would be helpful if you discuss any concerns that you might have with one of the study team before you decide to leave us.
There are three different types of withdrawal:
● "No further contact": This means that we will no longer contact you, but you will let us keep and use the information that we already have about you, and obtain and use further information from your health records.
● "No further access and no further contact": This means that we will no longer contact you or get more information from your health records in the future, but you will still allow us to use the information you gave us previously.
● "No further use": This means that, as well as not contacting you or getting further information about you, any information collected before will no longer be available for use. Your signed consent and withdrawal will be kept as a record of your wishes. This will stop information about you from being used again, but it will not be possible to remove it from any work that has already been done.
If you decide to withdraw, you should phone us, to discuss your concerns or your desired level of withdrawal with a member of the study team. Our phone numbers are 0800 9 172 172 (free from most landlines) or 02920 768 090. Our office hours are 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
What happens if I change my address or contact details?
If you need to change your contact details (such as your address or phone numbers), you can do this at any time by logging in and clicking on the "About me" questionnaire.
We will also remind you to let us know if any of your details have changed when we contact you every 6 months or so.
You will also be able to let us know about any changes when they happen:
● By phone on 0800 9 172 172 (free from most landlines) or 02920 768 090. Our office hours are 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
● By email on email@example.com